Here are 25 things you may or may not have known that I went through this year and am looking forward to for next year:
1. I suffered from postpartum for over a year and a half after having O. It was miserable. It was lonely. It was desperate. It was the best thing that happened in my life.
2. I am renewing my Catholic education with RCIA classes.
3. I sought therapy as a measure to help myself while still in a cloud that felt so thick and confounding I didn’t know half the time what the eff the therapist was doing.
4. I am trying to lose the weight I gained during the depression.
5. I am in love with my daughter. I am so profoundly grateful to God that I was able to get over what I was going through and experience “this bond” everyone else talked about.
6. I felt like a fraud during the whole depression. I should win an Oscar for all the acting I did.
7. I had to cut out many not-so-great friends from my life so I could make time for the good people in my life. I plan to surround myself with the people that make me happy. I don’t think friendships should take excruciating work.
8. I am in love with my husband as always but more than ever and he probably doesn’t even know it.
9. I plan to talk things through and not shut down during hard times. I also want to be able to tell people how I feel without worrying so much about embarrassing them.
10. I hope that all the people who have wronged my husband (you know who you are…) realize what a great man they eff’ed over.
11. My sister and my mom will continue to be my best friend for the rest of my life.
12. I will live a healthier life to be an example to my daughter and my friends… mostly my sister.
13. I want to make more babies with my husband this year.
14. I want to get surgery on my feet.
15. I will have respectable boundaries with people. I will understand it’s ok that not all people will like me and I will not like them.
16. I will make more effort to hang out with my best friend, Julie and my girlfriends overall without flaking and feeling guilty about leaving O.
17. I will be more active with Olivia and take her to more mommy and me classes.
18. I will not over-analyze things that are only in my mind.
19. I will not buy things because they are cute… my obsession for Hello Kitty and cheap clothes will decrease substantially.
20. I will read more and do more yoga this year.
21. I will decrease my caffeine consumption significantly.
22. I will continue my quest for a stronger relationship with Christ. I will convert my family.
23. I will run more 10Ks this year for various charities. Husb and I have decided to donate to our troops for the coming year as well.
24. I will live the words “love is patient… love is kind” with my daughter, husband, family and friends.
25. I will love others as they are (so they stop irritating me because they aren’t as I would like them to be…ahahahaha).